Sunday, January 8, 2017

WEEK 10 DONE - 83.5 miles, a bit tiring but good

Finished up Week 10 of my heavily modified Hanson's plan! Hit a mileage record of 83.5 miles this week, which will likely be my near-max or absolute max this cycle, as I'm not sure how I'll logistically fit much more than 85mpw of running into my week. It helped that I was off Mon AND Tue this week, so I could get in some good sleep and recovery those day.

MON - 10 miles  recovery, 9:00/mile TM

TUE
AM: 7 miles with 3 x 1600 outdoors, 6:03-6:20 pace for the 1600s
PM: 10 miles PM recovery 8:00/mi felt remarkably good

WED
AM: 6 mi recovery 10:00/mi
PM: 3.25 mi ugly recovery run 9:00/mi

THU
AM: 10 miles with tempo 8 miles in the middle @ 7:09mile, felt hard
PM: 5 miles recovery TM 9:27/mi

FRI - 7 miles TM recovery 9:20/mi, harder than expect, mild cold recovery

SAT - 7 mile recovery run, 8:40/mile on TM due to rainstorm. Feeling draggy.

SUN - 'Easy' Long run on the TM 18 miles, slightly broken up 8 miles @ 7AM and 10 miles at 11AM due to houseguests. Done on the treadmill due to a huge rainstorm with crazy wind. Still feeling draggy, but didn't really affect my workout.

TOTAL = 83.5 MILES (new mileage PR, last was 80)


I think I'm finally over most of my musculoskeletal issues (breaking my body) now that I'm this far into the cycle. I don't plan any other dramatic mileage bumps, and may actually hover between 70-80 with just speeding up paces as I get stronger.

I now have 2 pairs of Brooks Transcend 3 sneakers, and gotta admit - I really love them. I'm normally one to brush aside concerns of shoe quality as I've previously always believed I could run in almost anything reasonable since my prior sneakers were both 4 years old (!) but now that I've got these high quality new ones, my feet have been much less sore despite all the miles. I do have a fairly new cheaper Saucony ($45 on sale) I bought less than 4 months ago, and it's no comparison to the stable and comfy ride the Transcend 3s offer - I almost want throw these cheaper ones out because the ride is so inferior and with my big miles, a potential injury source if I'm running the tail end of a hard workout with them.




No comments:

Post a Comment