Turns out my fatigue both yesterday and today was caused by a developing cold virus. I'm sneezing a ton today, and feeling super tired despite decent sleep hours. At least I know why I'm underperforming so much after the kickbutt week last week.
I chose to wuss out and skip the planned Hanson Tue interval day. As I mentioned previously, I'm now so solidly in form for 3:13-15 that I'm taking less risks and erring more on the safe and recovery side. That plus pure speedwork is the least of the components I need to perform well on race day now, so I'll plan for a hard tempo day and good long run if my cold lets up (which it probably will.)
On the big plus side, my right hip pain which I suspect was my rectus femoris origin at the iliac spine insertion, has completely gone away. That's actually pretty surprising to me, since as of last night, it hurt badly enough that if I pushed on it gently at just the right spot, it was very sore (although I could walk on it fine.) Glad to see that it was likely a muscle and not tendon injury and that the rest of me is holding up fine to the faster paces.
Did 3 easy 9:00 miles on the TM at lunch today. Felt really bleh. At least I got in 10 miles today.
No comments:
Post a Comment