Woke up with a surprising moderate strain of my right hip, probably the same muscle that bummed me out when I pounded out my last fast 15 miler on 12/4/16, although I ran that one at 7:50 pace (granted, with a bigger hill, Regnart road included) compared to 7:30 pace yesterday for 18 miles. I didn't start bothering me until late last night, and this morning it's pretty sore.
I tried to do a super easy recovery outdoor run on it at 4AM this morning (would have used my TM but it's out of commission until the console arrives) and it was definitely limiting, although even more than that, I must have fatigued myself pretty well in that run yesterday since I shuffled a blazing 12 min per mile for a measly 4 miles, and that was enough to have me walking by the end. Quite a humbling change from the hammerfest workout yesterday where I could still finish strong!
PM: 30 mins of pool-running - my first time in years. Used a flotation belt made for running provided by the YMCA, worked well as long as the water was at least up to my chest. Couldn't get my HR much higher than 110, though, and def didn't feel like I was working hard enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment