Saturday, December 3, 2016

Easy (High) - 10 mi @ 8:07 min/mile

This was my first good Saturday pre-long run! Legs felt fine at the start, and aside from mild bilateral foot soreness upon waking up which went away pretty quickly after walking around a bit, I had zero musculoskeletal problems during the run. Zero foot pain, and zero left knee/patellar tendon pain.

Legs weren't exactly rearing to go, but they were certainly recovered enough that for once, I felt that I could let them dictate the pace on the faster side, and was pleasantly surprised to see them bring me up to pretty much my treadmill paces, averaging 8:07/mile with average HR of 126. I like that HR a lot - I was ranging from 120-132 throughout the run (higher on uphills, lower on downhills), and it was a 100% aerobic effort from start to finish despite the decent pace. 



I'm hoping for tomorrow's long run at a replay of the 15 miler with 12 or even 13 at 7:50-8:00 pace, and I'm optmistic it'll go well. I am a bit fearful of these long runs, since this was the workout that kicked off all those musculoskeletal problems last time, but I'm hoping that was just me acclimating to 70mpw, and now that I'm about acclimated, it should go better. I won't hesitate to pull the plug on the run early though if things aren't feeling right - I'm on target for 78 miles this week, so even if I only run 10 miles tomorrow, I'll still be at 70, which is nice.

Strava Garmin


No comments:

Post a Comment