AM: 6.8mi @ 8:38/mile
Energy levels felt surprisingly good this AM despite yesterday's quality workout. I had some worrisome bilateral lateral foot pain upon immediately waking up, but it decreased rapidly as I walked around and was gone throughout the entire run.
I had some mild left knee tendon soreness during the first mile, but that gradually went away as well.
Felt overall good enough to keep the pace up, HR123-128ish. I dragged a little in the last mile, but overall felt good. This week has been the first week where I haven't been doing 'survival-mode' runs of 9:30+ min/mile on the recovery day, so I must be acclimating to the volume - a good sign!
I just checked the Hanson training pace, and 'Easy Aerobic B' pace for a 3:15 marathon is 8:25/mi, and for a 3:10 marathon is 8:13/mi, so I still can run faster on these easy runs if I'm feeling up to it.
The Hanson 'Easy Aerobic A' paces are 9:02/mi (3:15), and 8:49 (3:10 marathon) so today was in between.
Last week I was expecting my musculoskeletal issues to limit me to 60 miles total, but since they haven't limited me at all, I'm on track for 77 miles this week. We'll see how that goes - if I'm having worrisome MSK pain on the Sunday long run, I'll cut it shorter by a few miles. I'm not as worried about the long run at this early piotn in the training cycle with this average volume.
PM: 4.0 mi @ 9:00/mile 0% TM
Was dragging a little energywise for the PM run, but it went fine, still way better than most of my prior recovery runs.
No comments:
Post a Comment