Ate a gel & drank lots of water at mile 3, but rebounded
The first 3 miles of the run felt not-good to me. Despite eating a lot of extra pizza over my caloric limit yesterday at the party, I had an instant calorie-low hunger pang by mile 2 which got worse by mile 3, and then I was getting that definite hypoglycemic energy low that made me feel pretty lousy. My legs, however were moving fine, so I figured I just needed to survive long enough for my body to switch from carb-burning to fat-burning and all would be good.
After taking a very early gel at mile 4 (and wanting to eat the 2nd one I had then too!) I started feeling better, and kept up my high-aerobic pace. HR 140-147 the whole way. The legs turned over great, but I definitely started feeling the beat-down at mile 12, but I didn't really slow effortwise.
I did get some mind confusion at mile 14, and stopped running fast remembering I was aiming for 14 miles at tempo, but then I got even more confused and ended up speeding back up after about a minute of slower running because I forgot I didn't do a warmup mile. So I ended up running the whole 15 at the fast-long-run pace, which is a bit more than I wanted.
It seems every time I push the distance (more than pace) I get a new musculoskeletal ache. Right now, it's the right hip - hurts pretty bad right now immediately post run, which is surprising to me since I didn't feel it at all during the run until I literally stopped running. On the bright side, I had zero issues with the left knee and my foot pain - we'll have to see tomorrow how much everything hurts since that's usually the day things act up. I'm pretty sure it's my right tensior fascia lata at the iliac insertion - it's exactly at that spot.
I felt like I was running very fast for a long run, but it's always funny how at the end of it all, it's not that fast. 7:50/mile overall. Right near the Hanson LR pace of 7:54, and this is with the Regnart road hill thrown in there.
Strava Garmin
No comments:
Post a Comment