Felt pretty good starting out, but for some reason, just didn't have any speed in my legs to go as fast I have in the past. I was working hard out there, but not as hard as on prior tempo workouts, as I've previously been 145+HR, whereas today I was 142-148 most of the way. Still felt plenty fast to me, wasn't easy, but wasn't super hard.
Splits today were screwed up a bit because of an errant shoelace untying itself
at mile 3, as well as mile 6 which I had to stop for.
Miles 2-9 were @ MP, avg 7:26/mi (excluding mile 3)
Annoying loose shoelace at mile 3 and 6
Annoying loose shoelace at mile 3 and 6
But overall, probably the correct range of effort for this workout at this current time, given the leg beatdown. I was hoping for sub 7:15 MP, but that may take place later in this cycle; I def felt some residual fatigue from the 1000 intervals on Tue despite the measly 4 mile run yesterday.
No problems with the right foot during the run at all, a continuing good sign, although it remains mildly sore at rest once Im off of it. Still having mild tendinitis in my left knee, not sure which tendon though, but that also goes away once I'm rolling.
Energy is overall up this week compared to prior weeks despite my underperformance today - hoping for faster than 9min miles on the PM TM run today.
Strava Garmin
PM: 5 miles TM, 8:00/mi, 0%
Felt remarkably good during this TM run once I got to the 1 mile mark. Energy was just as good as the start of this morning, pretty much didn't have much residual fatigue from the AM 10 miler, which is a nice improvement from the past.
Had some mild left knee soreness in the first 1.5 miles which likely is a mild tendinopathy, but that went away.
New Brooks Transcend
Also tried out my brand-new overbuilt shoes that I ordered on Amazon over Black Friday (for not much of a discount, apparently!) - the Brooks Transcend 3. It's the most expensive shoe that Brooks sells right now, so it's unlike me to buy something like it, but in reality I use shoes for so long that I really should just ignore the price since it's pretty irrelevant after like 1000+ miles on them.
PM: 5 miles TM, 8:00/mi, 0%
Felt remarkably good during this TM run once I got to the 1 mile mark. Energy was just as good as the start of this morning, pretty much didn't have much residual fatigue from the AM 10 miler, which is a nice improvement from the past.
Had some mild left knee soreness in the first 1.5 miles which likely is a mild tendinopathy, but that went away.
New Brooks Transcend
Also tried out my brand-new overbuilt shoes that I ordered on Amazon over Black Friday (for not much of a discount, apparently!) - the Brooks Transcend 3. It's the most expensive shoe that Brooks sells right now, so it's unlike me to buy something like it, but in reality I use shoes for so long that I really should just ignore the price since it's pretty irrelevant after like 1000+ miles on them.
I haven't changed up my shoes in literally 2+ years, and the current Brooks Adrenaline I'm running on as my main shoe is 5+ years old (!!!) and has worn right into the midsole through the bottom of the shoe in places, so it's nearly dead. I was going to go with an Adidas Supernova since that is my latest shoe I bought 2 years ago and has been fantastic, but I decided to go Brooks for a huge-support shoe given my foot pains.
Unlike the Supernovas, which I bought in-store, so I knew would fit me perfectly immediately, looks like these Brooks are going to give me the typical mild growing pains of adjusting to the shoe. The toebox is narrow for my foot, so it'll take me some time to stretch it out. The arch needs for me to flatten it out with use and I don't have the lacing quite to my desired level of tightness. That said, I'm planning for this to become one of my go-to if not my main go-to shoe in the near future.
Unlike the Supernovas, which I bought in-store, so I knew would fit me perfectly immediately, looks like these Brooks are going to give me the typical mild growing pains of adjusting to the shoe. The toebox is narrow for my foot, so it'll take me some time to stretch it out. The arch needs for me to flatten it out with use and I don't have the lacing quite to my desired level of tightness. That said, I'm planning for this to become one of my go-to if not my main go-to shoe in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment