Friday, December 9, 2016

Recovery - 5 miles 8:00-9:00 min/mile TM

Skipped my planned 7 mile AM recovery run, as I just felt super tired despite being in bed for 10 hours of broken sleep. Any time that happens, it's extremely likely that I'm fighting off a cold. Sure enough I had some mild congestion and coughing this morning, as does Eva, so I bet I caught something from her. I actually suspect I caught whatever this is at least 2 days ago, which probably explains part of why I was dragging energywise at the start of yesterday's hard tempo run despite all those rest days. (Fortunately the endorphines and adrenaline seems to override that early fatigue during hard workouts, so it didn't affect the quality of that tempo workout.)

Felt a bit more energetic by noon, so I did my recovery paced 5 mile run on the treadmill, going from 9:00 min/mile down to 8:00 min/mile.My legs aren't sore but do feel signfiicant residual fatigue from yesterday's efforts, so it was good to have a easy effort day. I was pleased in that I didn't need to be dragging at 10min/mile as I have in the past, which also shows I'm probably acclimating to the mileage well.

Zero musculoskeletal complaints today aside from the generalized leg fatigue. My right foot soreness is gone during workouts, and only mild when I do the worst position for it which is putting weight on the side of my foot. My strained right hip recovered even more despite yesterday's hard workout, and is now 100% good to go for sure. Just goes to show that it certain situations, you can still workout while letting strained muscles recover, if doing it judiciously. 


No comments:

Post a Comment