Miles 2-11 are the tempo portion
Kept my HR at 145-153 for pretty much the entire tempo run, which to me still feels more like a HM pace (8/10 intensity) effort than a marathon effort, at least at 7min/mile. (Mile 10 was particularly hard, 9/10 effort!) We'll see how things go in the upcoming few weeks, but I def have significant doubts about running this pace for a full 26.2 even tapered. If I'm not close to a realistic sub7 pace in the last 2-3 weeks of training, I'm going to race the marathon for a safe BQ instead of going for the gold and pushing as low as I can under sub 3:05 (my 5k estimate) that I can go.
I currently have a sore tendon on my left patella, the lateral quad (vastus lateralis) but which doesn't affect my running at all. I'm watching it to make sure it doesn't flare up and worsen - am planning for this weekend to be a non-fast long run weekend since I've done the last 3 weekends fairly fast.
Strava Garmin
No comments:
Post a Comment