Monday, January 30, 2017

RECOVERY - 4 miles AM 10:00/mi, 6 miles PM 8:30/mile

Draggy recovery day. 2:30AM run was really sleepy, 10-11:00/mile. Had some mild tenderness of my left patella, which I didn't want to aggravate so kept it super slow.

6 miles at lunch - the patellar pain was improving, so I ran a decent 9:00 down to 8:00/mi pace over 6 miles, which went fine. Energy was fine, legs feeling better but a bit dead.

I'm finally breaking in the Nike Air Vomero shoes that I've relegated to lunch duty. I don't think I'll buy Nikes again - too narrow in the toebox (as are most shoes) but it definitely gives me a bit more mid-forefoot striking stride which is probably good for me as it differs from my Brooks Transcend shoes which are much more heel-striking friendly. Balls of my feet still get a bit numb after 4 miles with the Nikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment