Thursday, January 26, 2017

STRENGTH - 10 miles, 9 @ 7:01 (MPish pace), then PM 5 miles

STRENGTH WORKOUT
AM: 11 miles, with 9 miles @ MPish 7:01/mile.



Am nearly recovered from a mild but annoying cold that manifested mostly as lots of sneezing and moderate congestion, but fortunately didn't degrade into awful coughing. I did have a mild energy lull for the past 2 days, and today was the first day I got up feeling 'ok' since last week - despite waking up at 2AM (which is a normal wakeup time if you go to bed at 8:30PM with the kid!)

Put on my lights and my cold gear for 37F, and after a warmup mile, hammered out 9 miles. Went pretty well - averaged 7:01/mile, which is essentially identical to last week's 10-mile tempo. Except this week, I did the Tue speedwork which didn't seem to slow me any.

HR was a steady 150 the whole way, which definitely feels hard, but maintainable. I'd say 153+ it starts to creep into the lactate threshold zone where I'm not aerobic anymore, but 150HR is probably the very upper limit of my aerobic pace. My legs were actually more limiting today, with them def feeling fatigue by the last 3 miles - I don't think I could have run 11 or 12 miles at this pace with the beatdown state in my legs now. And 7:01/mi average always feels really fast, even if it's maintainable.

Didn't do my normal 10-mile loop; ran down Bubb and back on Orange to get 11 miles total.

Garmin Strava

EASY PM
PM: 5 miles 7:40/mi

Legs were mildly tired but my energy was even better by noon (cold going away) so I stayed on the sprightly side and ran 7:40/mi on the TM at HR 127-130 no problemo.

No comments:

Post a Comment