16 miles, 9:15/mi
Braved the cold on Dec 25 Xmas day no less, and did my planned 16 mile long run after all the xmas festivities in the morning.
I was fairly well prepared - ended up using my balaclava, earmuffs, and hat by the end of the run. I should have worn an extra sweatjacket layer - only went with my mock turtleneck & brooks jacket, and definitely felt cold, but not too bad. Wore the screw shoes the whole way but ran mostly on clear pavement in the road this time.
The slower pace includes several stops and a really slow slog over a frozen over 0.8 mile trail at 10+min/mile, so it was probably closer to 9:00/mi overall pace, I'd guess.
Next weekend I'll have to do similar distance at 8:00/mile, which will be substantially harder, but on the bright side my legs were just moderately tired after this run, and definitely in pretty decent shape afterwards.
Garmin Strava
No comments:
Post a Comment