Mon: 10 recovery pace
Tue: 7 AM with 6 x 800 @ 6:04-6:42 pace on rolling hills
Wed: 3AM then 3PM recovery
Thu: 10AM with 7 at MP. I stepped on the edge of a curb unexpectedly hard in the MP run, and strained my right calf.
Fri: 5.5 Recovery - Right calf sore, limiting me.
Sat - 3 - Ugh, calf STILL sore!
Sun - OFF - Resting the calf. Worked out ok since the family went down to Monterey to watch Jane finish her first half marathon in 10 years and it went great!
Total: 44.5 miles in 6:37:12
A lot less than the 70 I was shooting for, but it really was all due to that unfortunate right calf strain that took me out. It feels a lot better now, so I'll try it out gingerly tomorrow on the treadmill at recovery paces to see how it responds to mileage. I'll likely have to truncate or skip the upcoming Tue speed workout until I'm confident things are stronger. Bummer, as I was on a roll, but I'll also take advantage of the built in recovery after my big mileage buildup over the past 4 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment